Community Life at CSJ Initiatives in La Grange Park, IL
A Vibrant Community for a Wonderful Lifestyle
As a resident of our retirement community, you’re an important part of a caring and friendly atmosphere built on a foundation of faith. Life at Joseph House is filled with vibrant conversations, energizing clubs and activities, and a variety of opportunities to continue making a difference in the world.
Our mission is to welcome neighbors and friends who desire to live in a culture that promotes meaningful relationships and provides something different from the typical senior living experience. Here you’ll find that, along with the support of professional, personalized assisted living services to help you enjoy an independent lifestyle, there’s an entire community of friendly people ready to welcome you with open arms.
A welcoming culture in a peaceful setting
When you’re at home in Joseph House, you’ll find inviting common spaces, accommodating services and amenities, and a culture that values the wisdom, kindness, and unique personality that every resident brings to our community.
We’re a short drive from the peaceful Forest Preserves of Cook County, where residents can enjoy paved walking paths and hiking trails.
Here are just a few more ways residents enjoy life at Joseph House:
- Maintenance-free living in a comfortably appointed residence
- Assistance with activities of daily living as needed
- Salon and nail services
- Fun and entertaining social events
- Resident-led clubs and groups
- Energizing volunteer opportunities and multigenerational activities
- Engaging classes and activities on sustainability
- Group exercise classes, including chair yoga
- Nondenominational worship services, daily Mass, and other engaging spiritual activities
Small town atmosphere minutes away from the big city
Our assisted living community is conveniently located in the charming village of La Grange Park, IL, a little less than an hour away from Chicago.
From exploring the Brookfield Zoo to fantastic days out at Oak Brook Shopping Center, there’s always something to do in Joseph House. When you’re ready to experience buzzing city life, just hop on nearby I-290 or I-55 for a quick drive to Chicago, or relax on a train to the Windy City from one of several nearby Metra Stations.
Freshly made meals focused on nutrition
Joseph House is dedicated to serving made-from-scratch meals that are both appetizing and nutritious. Here you’ll have access to nutritional services from a clinical dietitian and innovative dining programs designed to energize and transform your well-being.
Our culinary team creates a variety of seasonal options, while also making sure classic comfort foods are always on the menu. Meals are served buffet-style in a beautiful dining room with an inviting atmosphere that promotes vibrant, friendly conversation.
Wellness for the mind, body and spirit
At our retirement community, we take both a holistic and spiritual approach to wellness. We offer programs to improve your physical health, provide a better understanding of yourself, strengthen your faith, and deepen your relationship with nature.
Joseph House wellness programs are guided by these principles:
- Celebrate what’s right with the world.
- Embrace a culture of healing presence for the mind, body and spirit.
- Empower each resident toward the most independent lifestyle possible.
- Encourage each person’s ability for self-determination and purposeful living.
- Cultivate and nurture resident relationships with Mother Earth.
- Focus on implementing and teaching sustainability practices throughout our community.
- Help residents recognize every opportunity for meaningful communication and relationship-building.
Contact us online or RSVP to one of our events to learn more about community life at Joseph House.